DURHAM TRIAL ATTORNEY JAMES H. HUGHES
Jim Hughes has successfully represented both Plaintiffs and Defendants in commercial litigation since 1978, handling such matters as contracts, employment, collections, and property disputes. He has also served as a mediator in Superior Court Matters and as an arbitrator in District Court. Mr. Hughes maintains an AV Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, the pre-eminent lawyer rating service.
PRIMARY PRACTICE AREAS
- Personal Injury
- Eminent Domain
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- $1.5 million settlement in a brain injury case.
- $750,000 settlement in a breach of franchise case.
- Involved in over 30 appellate cases in North Carolina and Federal Appellate courts.
- East Carolina University, B.A. – Political Science, 1972
- North Carolina Central University School of Law,
J.D. – Magna Cum Laude, 1978
- Graduated 1st in class
- Executive Editor of Law Review
- North Carolina State Bar, admitted 1978
- North Carolina Bar Association, Membership Committee (past chair), Law Practice Management Section (past chair)
- Durham County Bar Association, Fee Dispute Resolution Committee (past chair)